We’ve noticed you might be viewing our website from a different location. Visit your regional site for more relevant information and pricing.

another reason to choose Canada.

visa exemption

Looking at Canada as your next working holiday destination? Unlike the American J1 summer program, you're exempt from a visa with Camp Canada.

That means you don't even need to visit an embassy - and you'll avoid the hassle and cost of applying for a Canadian Working Holiday Visa as well. We'll prepare all the paperwork for you and make the process of getting to Canada as simple as possible.

In place of the International Experience Canada visa, the Canadian government grants a work permit to international summer camp counselors - you just need to have a fixed-length job offer in hand. This is where Camp Canada comes in.

Work permits are more available and easier to get than the IEC.

Unlike the IEC, there is no cap to the amount of work permits the Canadian government gives out each year, or how many times you can use it. You don't need proof of funds, as you do with the IEC, which requires a minimum of $2,500 CAD in your account.

Use a work permit to see Canada now, and save your IEC until you're ready for a bigger adventure.

A popular option for international Camp Canada staff members is to spend a few summers as a counselor, and then apply for the IEC visa. That way, you don't have to use your limited-use IEC until you're ready so you can get the most out of it.

Go back to Canada with a work permit if you've already used your IEC visa.

If you've already used your IEC visa, or were unsuccessful in applying for one this year, you can still go to Canada this summer with a work permit through Camp Canada. Unlike the IEC, you can return to Canada again and again with the same work permit.

Click on the tabs below to find out what you'll need to have a great Canadian summer.

your paperwork

Applying for your eTA:

You will need to apply for you Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) before your flight. This allows you to land at a Canadian airport as a short-term visitor. It costs $7 CAD, and you can apply for this online. You will not be allowed to board the plane without it, so we encourage you to apply for this as soon as you have been confirmed at a camp.

Applying for your work permit:

Once placed, we’ll get started on organizing your paperwork. Keep an eye on your email inbox during this time in case we need any additional documents from you. We will send copies of all the documents that you will need to download, print and pack in your carry-on luggage which you will then show the border officer when you arrive in Canada.

Arriving into Canada:

You’ll need your passport and copies of your work permit documents that were sent to your Camp Canada account, that's it! Your work permit will be printed and attached to your passport when you land.

Having all your documents organized beforehand makes the whole process go as smoothly as possible.

Your Community Success Representative, along with our Toronto-based Certified Immigration Consultant and work permit support team, will help guide you through every step of the way. It can be overwhelming to take on any immigration process - just remember, by choosing Camp Canada, you’re never alone and you always have someone to ask any questions to!

going to Canada has never been easier.